The site was founded by Adrian De Cesari, great boating enthusiast, he worked for several shipyards built vessels to follow the advice of his brother Guido, naval officer in Genoa, in Liguria, who invited him to know the realities of local shipbuilding. He began his career by Shipyard Sangermani Lavagna and the Baglietto Shipyard in Varazze, but also worked as a carpenter to create the liner Rex in the meantime in the evening attended the naval school. Then the military in the Navy for eight years and between a point and the other was divided between the Liguria and Cervia, until in 1947 he married and settled permanently in Romagna. In 1947, with the liquidation of the railroad worker grandfather, bought a shed of 150 square meters next to his house and founded the site of Cervia. Two years later he began a partnership with his cousin Giuseppe "Peppino" Sartini and together they began to build dinghies (dinghy 12 feet, Snipe, Finn and Lightning) and small motor boats outboard and inboard engines up to seven meters long. The first sailboat was important to Athena, a 9.50 meter long cruiser shell built in 1954 and still flying. The move to its present location occurred when Admiral Aliprandi, Adriano De Cesari proposed to take into granting a large square outside the harbor of Cervia, Milano Marittima where it began. Those were the years when it was developing what would become one of the most popular seaside resorts from Milan and was becoming increasingly necessary to have a marina with services and infrastructure. The first building had an area of 600 square meters. In 1962 Peppino Sartini felt the need to start building boats in series, the philosophy of Adriano De Cesari was more directed to the design and prototyping are always different. The partnership broke up well, without trauma or litigation, after building 228 boats. The site Sartini became famous for the construction of keelboat such as Muscadet, the Corsaire and Passatore. Meanwhile, on the same grounds of the shipyard De Cesari, were built more warehouses to build boats up to 18 meters long, especially since today's indoor spaces cover an area of 2500 square meters, while in the surrounding countryside there are sheds storage for more than 4 000 square meters, used primarily for the storage of wood. From the birth of the yard were built over 364 boats, from 3 to 30 meters in length, all wood except for a couple of pieces of fiberglass. As for the types, it has gone from speedboats to catboat, by taxi to the Venetian motoryacht. And then cruising sloop (Twilight, Staphilus III, Quo Vadis) and racing (Moro Blue, Argentovivo), schooner, and ketch motorsailer (El Pampero, Simar). The Shipyard has worked more closely with the architect Andrea Vallicelli: with him in 25 years there has been more than 20 boats, including Koala V and VI, Ashanti, Vogliamatta, Cardinala Fetch and III. Following are designed and built: Ceccarelli (yawl by Shaula of 1964 in Morgan in 1986), Kaufman, Sciomachen, Starkel and Anselmi Boretti (The Ghibelline, Mr. Goofy).